Friday 9 January 2015

7QT - Seven Happy Thoughts to Help Me Fly



I need an uplift, a thrust to get me off the ground so here are my Peter Pan-esque happy thoughts to help me fly...

1. My gorgeous little boy James (dry during the day since twenty-three months) has returned to consistent dry naps (after a significant break, enough to reinstate nappies at naptime) and had one dry night this week, while also sleeping through, a complete first! Well done J!

2. My Hubs!

3. James singing all his favourite Christmas songs - Away in a Manger, Christmas Cards, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Dingle Bells (not a typo - he can't quite manage to say jingle yet). And the latest additions to his repertoire - One Man went to Mow and Ten Green Bottles.

4. My mattress - the best financial investment we ever made!

5. Mums (and Dads) - as one of my best friends buried her mother this morning, I can't be anything but grateful for my own and wept with my friend and can only pray for God's peace upon her and her family. My own mama enjoyed spoiling my son for a record five hours (I hardly ever leave him) while he entertained her and Daddy.

6. Mobile-entertainment-units aka children - playing peekaboo with my (newly mobile) eight-month-old niece yesterday and watching James playing the air-banjo and air-double-bass and trying (and failing) to do the splits and repeating his gymnastics warm-up (stick your bottom out, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle) for his grandparents, hearing all about new Frozen toys from my bereft friend's almost-four-year-old. Well, they can't fail to raise a smile.

7. James managing to say his Uncle Johnny's name for the first-time ever on Wednesday! Uncle Ronnie has evaporated with his developing speech - this sentimental mama is cheering him on even as she sheds a tear for another milestone reached.

So seven (almost) happy thoughts and here's to a more positive week ahead as we re-focus on all those resolutions we've already broken...

Now fly back to Never-never-land This Ain't the Lyceum for more quick takes and good reads. (55)

No comments:

Post a Comment

...please comment constructively and kindly...